Place : Santa Teresa Gallura.
Day of the crossing: Sunday 27 September 2020.
Alternative days for the crossing : from 23 to 26 September 2020.
Distance: 15 kilometers in line from Corsica to Sardinia.
Features : Western Mediterranean sea, Straits of the Bocche di Bonifacio.
Organized by : NAL , with the patronage of the Municipality of Santa Teresa Gallura and the collaboration of local associations.
Press Presentation : Tuesday 21 September 2020 at 11:30 am, Santa Teresa Gallura Town Hall.
Briefing : 21 September 2020 at 12:00, Santa Teresa Gallura Town Hall.
Start : Sunday 27 September 2020 at 07:00.
05.00 – Meeting.
05.30 am – Transfer by boat to Corsica.
07.00 am – Start from Plage de Saint-Antoine (Corsica).
1.00 pm – (Maximum time limit for arrival) Arrival to Rena Bianca beach.
Within 45 minutes after the last arrived – Awards
Times and places may vary according to needs.
Rules for participants
Closed number registration. Each swimmer must comply with the Agonistic Sports Medical Certification, the documentation and equipment required by the organization.
Despite being a non-competitive event, the crossing requires registration times which must in any case respect the maximum allowed, equal to 6 hours 00 minutes. If the swimmer decides to continue the crossing by swimming beyond the allowed limit, he will be subject to a penalty of € 300.00 and the organizer will have no obligation towards him on the schedule of the event.
Each swimmer must use ISHOF SaferSwimmer visibility and floating support when crossing.
The use of the suit is allowed taking into consideration the general regulation of the Gran Fondo Italia circuit . If the swimmer uses the wetsuit for the crossing when not foreseen by the regulation, the swimmer’s result will be put out of the rank.
The swimmer must independently organize the preparation of the pre / during / post swim integration, which must be delivered to the staff of the boat assigned for the crossing.
The athlete must prepare a waterproof bag to be delivered to the assigned boat, where to store his / her clothing inside, containing the change and the necessary for the after swim. The bag must also contain its own valid identity document (Identity Card or Passport).
The athlete must subsequently communicate the data of his own Boat Assistant, who will follow him throughout the crossing on the assigned boat.
For anything not reported in this regulation, please refer to the general regulation of the Gran Fondo Italia circuit .
Boats and Assistance
The crossing is assisted by several motor boats, with control and safety tasks: following the swimmers, supervising the crossing and intervening in case of need.
Each boat has the function of transferring the participants to the place of departure, alongside the swimmer or a group of swimmers along the entire course, from the start up to a few meters from the finish.
For safety reasons boats are motor vehicles and are explicitly supplied by the organization including skipper. Boats or boats not authorized by the same organization are not allowed.
The boat hosts the skipper and obligatorily an assistant of the swimmer (boat assistant), the latter helps and supports him throughout the crossing. The boat assistant is not provided by the organization.
In the cases expressed by the same participant, the boat can follow a maximum of 4 swimmers who proceed together throughout the crossing.
Each member must indicate if he has his own assistant.
Given the possibility of sharing the boat for a maximum of 4 swimmers, the athlete must indicate whether his / her registration must be associated with another / the registered ones, indicating their name and surname.
The maximum number of participants is set at a minimum of 10 . Each application for registration is confirmed by email by the Organizer.
Each payment is to be made after acceptance of the registration which will be sent by email by the Organizer.
Registration SOLO (1 boat – 1 swimmer)
€ 3500.00 per swimmer
Registration DUO (1 boat – 2 swimmers)
€ 2300.00 per swimmer
Registration TRIO (1 boat – 3 swimmers)
1800.00 euros per swimmer
Registration COMPANY (1 boat – 4 swimmers)
€ 1400.00 per swimmer
Trio and Company, from March 2020 increase of € 50.00 per swimmer in the registration fee every week.
Fee discount for members of NAL: -5% and no price increase.
Fee discount for women: -5%
The reductions are not cumulative.
The registration fee is not refunded in cases of
– Cancellation of the crossing due to unsuitable marine weather conditions or other factors external to the Organization that do not allow the crossing to be made safely.
– Waiver of the swimmer to take part in the crossing, regardless of the reasons that determine the waiver.
– Payment of 50% of the registration fee (non-refundable).
– April 30, 2020, TRIO and COMPANY registrations.
– May 31, 2020, SOLO and DUO registration.
– Payment of the remaining 50% by 30 June 2020 (refundable for cancellations received by 30 June 2020).
What does the registration fee include?
– Administrative permits.
– Boat with skipper for assistance throughout the crossing.
– Transfer from the hotel to the meeting place on the morning of the crossing.
– Transfer to the departure with the assigned support boat.
– Refreshments at the end of the event.
– Photo shoot of the participating group.
– Little gift for those who do not win.
– Nutritional pack and integration in collaboration with Herbalife24 (CONI partner).
– Pack of the event in collaboration with Erreà.
– One-time 30-minute consultation of the NAL Base during the preparation period.
– 8% discount on the NAL Personal Traning Base 30 days service (not combinable with other discounts).
– 10% discount on the NAL Personal Traning Base service 90 days (not combinable with other discounts).
For registrations SOLO are included
– Personalized advice during the period of the event.
– Body impedance analysis.
– Nutritional and supplementary consultancy.
Everything not mentioned is not included in the registration fee.
For those departing from the continent we recommend arriving by car via Olbia, by plane or ferry. Distance from Olbia to the hotel 65 km approx. (1 hour 15 min drive).
Another place of arrival as an alternative to Olbia is Alghero by plane, where you can rent a car. Distance from Alghero to the hotel approx. 135 km (2 hours 15 min by car).
Conventions are active for participants and their companions for hotel accommodation and apartments at Residence La Contessa.